Tuesday, February 08, 2005

So we start

Everything has a starting point. Sometimes we argue about what that starting point is. Some argue about when life starts (birth/conception). Some argue about how the world started. And then there are those who see life, living and all the universe in a cycle. We live, we die, and then we try again until we get to the next level, or we end our pain and suffering of this level.

Yeah, I'm kinda Buddhist. Would that be Buddhist Lite?

I suppose a good place to start is to tell you about who I am and so on. Well, I'm a 43 year old male, living in Wisconsin, married. Someday I might actually publish a photo of myself, but for know, use your imagination.

I grew up in the innercity of Milwaukee, the largest city in Wisconsin. I've been broke many times and just about ready to live out of my car at least once. But, at the moment, I'm doing OK.

Like many others in the country, sadly, I am unemployed. It has been 3 years under the Bush Economy and I do not see things getting better. I do some 'odd jobs' as they used to call them, but it barely covers the cost of living. Needless to say, I'm not very hopefull about the next 4 years under President Bush, and how our world and our nation will fair.

Believe me, you will read more on that as we go along. I think that a lot of what I put on here will be political.

I read that the new Bush budget will cut a number of programs. Good progams that help people.

I'm one of them. I'm in line for Disability help from the state, but, because of cuts in staffing and budget, I wait in line. It's not that I am expecting or hoping for a hand out, just a hand. Some help to get my life back. See, I have a medical problem, which was one of the reasons I had to leave a job I held for a couple of months, a few months ago. Then medical problems kicked in and I could no longer hold that job. I'm looking for a new direction in life and trying to get in that direction.

The most frustrating thing about job hunting, even in a more industrial area, which is where I am moving to, is how much of a lack of communications there is. You (I) fill out a job application, speak with someone, have what I think is a great conversation and interview. We are engaged, speaking about the same things, looking at work from the same angle, and then...

they never call.

I understand how it is when Women say "He never called me after that." It is a let down.

It's not that I expect much, just a note saying "Thank you, no thank you." would do. I understand they are busy, but it would only take a second.

OK. I'll stop here. I'm sure, if you have read any of this, you have some idea what you are in for.

Have a fantastic day and do something nice for someone today. You'll feel better for it. It could even be as simple as let someone in front of you in line while driving or waiting at the grocery store.